Frank Hofmann wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>
>> Pete Bentley wrote:
>>> Judging from the number of similar postings, I'm guessing that some
>>> professor at the Amrita School of Engineering has set "Find and fix a
>>> Solaris bug" as a piece of coursework for an undergraduate course.
>>
>> Actually it's Sun's fault - marketing decided to run a contest giving
>> away iPods, laptops, and desktop computers to students in India who
>> submit bug fixes to OpenSolaris or one of Sun's other open source
>> projects:
>>     http://in.sun.com/communities/univ/codeforfreedom/
>>
>> Though since there's also a bonus prize to the school with the most
>> student submissions, some professor may have done that as well to
>> win his school that prize.
>
> Nothing wrong with that.

Didn't mean to suggest there was anything wrong with it, other than we're
clearly unprepared for the amazing level of response we've gotten - I haven't
checked, but based on my memory of the e-mail levels on this list, I think we
got more sponsor requests this weekend than any other month since the program
started.

        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com