On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 04:45:44AM -0800, Avinash Joshi wrote:
> Hi.
> I am Avinash Joshi from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
> Rishi M Nair (OS0148 - rishios) and me (OS0142 - avinashj) are
> interested in working on bugid 6457020.
> Bug ID - 6457020
> Synopsis - *find* find should offer assistance instead of running for the exit
> Category:Subcategory - utility:file
> We will submit the fix by tuesday.

I would personally prefer that you not "fix" that, because I don't
believe that there is a bug there to fix.  Emitting a warning as per the
submitter's suggestion would actually be incorrect, since the -exec
expression allows both a semicolon and a plus sign to terminate the

Where the submitter says that find should have held his hand a little
more, what really should have happened is him heading for the manpage
the first time it failed rather than flail about a little first.

Now there are plenty who may disagree with me, but I would recommend
that you not spend time writing a "fix" for this without an assigned
sponsor who will be able to tell you if you're wasting your time or not.

                                                  -- Moliere