On Thu 06 Sep 2007 at 09:16PM, madhav chauhan wrote:
> Hi,
>   I came across this bug while browsing through the bug database. I am
>   working on this bug .I have already signed the Sun Contributor
>   Agreement and my SCA number is OS0106.
>   Please let me know the procedure for working on this.

For some reason I remember Roger objecting to strdup() on principal,
but I don't exactly remember why ... although that was 6 or 7 years ago.
I have CC'd him.  Admittedly, since then we've seen a bunch of new code
which defines its own version of strdup.  I'm going to move some stuff
from the "comments" part of that bug report into the "description"...
it should show up there in about 24 hours, and might help you.

The other interesting question would be whether this should be placed
into the DDI (i.e. strdup(9f) as a peer to strcpy(9f)), although I
suppose that could be done later.

You'll also want to ensure that you have some consumers for this
functionality-- the obvious thing would be to rip out the various
other strdup's which exist.

Daniel Price - Solaris Kernel Engineering - dp at eng.sun.com - blogs.sun.com/dp