David Gwynne wrote:

>On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 02:37:43AM -0700, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
>

>>AFAIK, if they're willing to, employers can sign SCAs too, which might open
>>up that route.
>>

>The license on the code is open enough that Sun should have no problems
>integrating it. Sun has incorporated code with more restrictive
>versions of the BSD license into OpenSolaris and Solaris, this should
>be no different.
>
>I just don't understand the need for the SCA.

There is no need for an SCA in this situation.

No one responded to my previous question about how to handle this
situation, so I'm going to suggest a course of action.

An RFE should be filed to request the new functionality.  That ID can go
on the request_sponsor table.  The sponsor can get the approval for the
third-party open source, and it can be integrated.

David, do you want to file the RFE and send me the ID?  Then I'll put
this on the table as a request for a sponsor.

Thanks.

Bonnie