Casper,

> So you want to break the current usage of zlogin?

No, I want to enhance it.

> zlogin works like telnet/rsh/rlogin/ssh.

My suggestion won't stop zlogin working this way. It will be quite
consistent with them.

So:

  zlogin foo [optional commands]

...will still "zlogin foo [optional commands]"

  zlogin -z foo [optional commands]

...will do THE SAME AS "zlogin foo [optional commands]"

EVEN IF YOU CALL YOUR ZONE "-z":

  zlogin -z [optional commands]

...would fail.

You'd need to:

  zlogin -- -z [optional commands]

...if you'd (perversely?) called your zone '-z'.

SO:

  * I am NOT suggesting we stop zlogin working like
    "telnet/rsh/rlogin/ssh"

    - I think you're thinking I'm saying that:

      zlogin THEHOST

      ...stop working. NO I AM NOT. That should STILL work.

  * But I am suggesting we add a "-z" option so that:

    zlogin -z THEHOST [other commands]

    ...is equivalent to:

    zlogin THEHOST [other commands]

I'm suggesting that because "-z" has never existed before, that it gave
an error before, that this option shouldn't upset current scripts at
all. Any scripts that treat "zlogin" as though it were "telnet", "rsh"
or "ssh" should still continue to work.

DSL