On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Boris Derzhavets wrote:

> AHCI driver in SNV59, SNV66,75a,76 did work with JMicron JMB363 and
> Intel ICH8R (set up in BIOS to AHCI mode) on ASUS P5B Deluxe. Just a
> bit slow, but no more complaints.

That's interesting... perhaps the Asus BIOS configures the JMB363
differently.  For the Intel ICH chips all the motherboard manufacturers
seem to use the Intel AHCI BIOS, but I notice that Gigabyte has their
own BIOS for the JMB363 controller... they even call it "Gigabyte SATA"
with no reference to JMicron.

Are you able to send me the "prtconf -v" output from the Asus board when
the JMB363 is set to AHCI mode in BIOS?  I'm particularly interested in
seeing whether you have the AHCI and legacy IDE interfaces split into
two separate PCI functions on the JMB363 device, and how long the "regs"
property is for these functions.