Roland Mainz writes:

> Rainer Orth wrote:
> >   6414843 SUNWonbld shouldn't install sgml man pages
>
> What is your intended fix ? IMO Solaris should finally switch to
> DocBook/(SGML|XML) manual pages for all tools if possible, therefore it
> may be nice to simply move the manual page to sman1/ and avoid the
> conversion to the old troff format...

My current plan is to convert the few SGML man pages in SUNWonbld to nroff
on the fly and install those to avoid having two different man page formats
in a single package.

Once the other man pages with nroff source have been converted to SGML,
that can be revised.

It may be worthwhile to consider what to do with the man pages in SUNWman,
btw.  For some time, they were delivered in SGML format, but later the
package switched back to delivering the nroff form generated from that
only.  I think that was done because some of the necessary tools were not
easily/publicly available, but I recall that this has changed/is changing
in the Documentation community.  But that's certainly much better to
discuss on docs-discuss.

        Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University