On May 11, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Dave Miner wrote:

> John Martinez wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I found a bug in setup_install_server that I have a fix for.
>> Please  let me know how to proceed.
>> My contributor number is OS0024. CR number is 6422131.
> Well, this would present an interesting situation, in that
> setup_install_server is not actually open-source at this point
> (you'll note that it doesn't have a CDDL header block), though the
> fact that it's a script makes that a somewhat fine distinction to
> draw.
> However, we can avoid resolving that question, I believe, because
> it appears that problem has already been fixed some time ago as CR
> 5083315, which integrated into snv_27 and includes the change
> suggested (the change required was more extensive than 6422131
> suggests).  6422131 claims that this was seen on snv_37, but I
> don't quite see how that can be the case - it's certainly fixed in
> my copy of that build.  I expect I will close 6422131 as a
> duplicate of 5083315 unless there's evidence that it's not working.

I don't think it's apparent in the description of the bug I filed,
but the bug is actually in Solaris 10 U1. I was trying to make b37 a
Jumpstart server for Solaris 10 when I found the bug.

I hope it makes it in to Solaris 10 U2.

Maybe I should have followed my normal contract customer bug
reporting mechanism?