On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:59:39 +0200, Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling at
fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> For a complete implementation of 2004/480, we would need to have it in ON
> in case that ON should be self contained. Note that for a complete
> implementation, ufsdump/ufsrestore need to link against librmt.

fwiw, having ufsdump/ufsrestore use librmt is afaik, a slightely different,
call it follow up project of the star implementation.

and for all I can tell it is not scoped, nor founded or staffed and
I've not seen anyone proposing and taking on that work on the ufs opensolaris
discuss list.

since osol installed via ZFS only by default, I can imagine why.

--
frankB

It is always possible to agglutinate multiple separate problems
into a single complex interdependent solution.
In most cases this is a bad idea.