On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM, James Carlson <carlsonj at workingcode.com>
> Peter Tribble wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Ethan Quach <ethan.quach at sun.com> wrote:
>>> FYI,
>>> These three bugs are back on the 'awaiting sponsor' list because
>>> the sponsor is no longer with Sun.
>>> 6424003 - pkginfo -l can't handle long package names properly
>>> 6444406 - Package name length definitions inconsistent
>>> 6443055 - pkgchk and pkgtrans are not able to deal with 32 char package
>>> names
>> Given the future of this software (or the decision that it hasn't
>> got one), I'm thinking it's best to drop these.
> Won't these things still be issues for third-party packages?

Third-party? Doubtful that they would use package names as long as

When I reported some of these and requested a sponsor, fixing them
seemed like a good idea; 18 months with no access to the source has
intervened, and a change in direction has come about, and I'm not
sure I can muster the enthusiasm. If enough people think that fixing bugs
in this area is worthwhile, then I'm prepared to reconsider.

-Peter Tribble