Peter Tribble wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM, James Carlson <carlsonj at>
> wrote:
>> Won't these things still be issues for third-party packages?
> Third-party? Doubtful that they would use package names as long as
> SUNWstaroffice-gnome-integration.

Good point.  Given that the packages would fail on S8, they probably
wouldn't bother doing that.

> When I reported some of these and requested a sponsor, fixing them
> seemed like a good idea; 18 months with no access to the source has
> intervened, and a change in direction has come about, and I'm not
> sure I can muster the enthusiasm. If enough people think that fixing bugs
> in this area is worthwhile, then I'm prepared to reconsider.

OK.  (I'd thought that the old System V packaging stuff had made it into
 the ON consolidation as usr/src/cmd/svr4pkg/ ... so why "no access to
the source?")

James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carlsonj at>