On Sep 16, 2006, at 4:22 AM, Yasar Safkan wrote:

>     I have been using Resin 3.0.14 professional for a while (close to
> a year now). The system runs on Linux (CentOs 4.2), with JDK 1.5.0_06
> from Sun lately. Due to some bugs (especially resin bombing with
> client disconnect exception in native code) I switched to Resin
> 3.0.21. I'm sure it uses the JNI libraries, my license is still good
> for upgrades.
>
>     The symptom is this: 3.0.21 is actually _slower_! The latency is
> worse (connection gets initiated slower), even the page download rate
> is slower, and produces many more timeouts under heavy load. Let me
> also note that the two versions are running with the same
> configuration.
>
>     The question is obvious: Why could this be happening? Has anyone
> else observed this? Are there any "new" settings to look for?

First, the obvious, you say you were using 3.0.14 Pro, but you then
say you switched to 3.0.21. Are you sure you downloaded the Pro
version of 3.0.21?

You also say, "the two versions are running with the same
configuration." Does that mean you are using the 3.0.14 Pro
resin.conf with your 3.0.21 installation? If so, then that could be a
problem. I recently upgraded from .15 Pro to .21 Pro, and there were
about half a dozen changes in the configuration file. One thing I
always do is keep Caucho's default resin.conf file. Then, before I
update, I diff that original conf file with Caucho's new one. I then
transfer those changes, if appropriate, to my tailored version of the
resin.conf file.

Rob