On Aug 29, 2006, at 7:36 AM, luv2hike wrote:

> I'm trying to increase the session idle timeout to one hour to
> better suit my
> client's usage pattern.  However, I still cannot get it to hold a
> session
> that long without browser activity.  Here's a sample from my log file:
>
> [Tue Aug 29 09:10:57 EDT 2006 INFO EditTimeServlet]   forwarding to
> /editTime.jsp
> [Tue Aug 29 10:05:11 EDT 2006 INFO AuthenticationFilter] Request
> name =
> /TimeClock/showTime
> [Tue Aug 29 10:05:11 EDT 2006 INFO AuthenticationFilter] No session
> exists;
> redirecting to /TimeClock/login.

You might need to add logging to name="com.caucho.server.session" at
the "fine" level to get more information about why it's timed out.
(Also, if you can duplicated this on a test server, it would be good
to check on 3.0.21)

> You can see I sat there on the same app screen in my browser for  55
> minutes.  Here's a snippet from my resin.conf:
>
>     <!-- Configures the keepalive -->
>     <keepalive-max>500</keepalive-max>
>     <keepalive-timeout>3600s</keepalive-timeout>

You really don't want a keepalive-timeout that large.  The lower end
would be something like 5s (Or maybe 2s) and the higher end would be
30s or 60s.  Anything beyond about 60s doesn't really make sense.

> And here is a snippet from my app's web.xml file:
>
>     <!-- Sets up session parameters -->
>     <session-config
>         session-timeout='60'
>     />

That's correct.  The log may show what's going wrong in this case.

-- Scott