> Date: Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 12:35:13PM -0400
> Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] problems with IIS
> Seems it might be a problem with our balancer, we added a little test
> http://webserver.com/été/index.jsp and index.html
> <http://webserver.com/été/index.jsp%20and%20index.html>  which IIS can
> find no problem but resin gives an error 404 while converting the
> codes to %E9t%E9 in Firefox, but no conversion in Internet Explorer.
> The index.html can be found. I'm really confused and have no clue how
> to fix this.

There is no specified character encoding for urls, thus
RFC 1738 states:

"... only alphanumerics, the special characters "$-_.+!*'(),", and
reserved characters used for their reserved purposes may be used
unencoded within a URL."

The safest thing to do is to encode all of your urls (using c:url in
jsp, or java.net.URLEncoder, or urlencode() in php).

Resin defaults to using utf-8 when decoding urls, you can change the
default with url-character-encoding:

Resin 3.1

Resin 3.0

If you turn on debug logging, Resin will emit logging for each request
that it receives.  You can use that to determine what the filename that
Resin is receiving from isapi_srun/IIS.

-- Sam