On Sep 27, 2006, at 10:17 AM, Jean-Francois Lamy wrote:

> Hi!
>

> A couple newbie questions regarding portlets.
>

> Reading the documentation on caucho.com, the portlet API referenced
> is JSR 162;  most references to portlets seem to reference JSR
> 168.  Is Resin3 compliant with the latter?  Does it matter?
That might be a typo in the documentation.

Our portlet implementation is experimental and currently on hold.
Once we've got full JEE 1.5, we'll go back and revisit it and see if
we can clean it up.
> My end goal is for a Vignette server (client-imposed) to display
> stuff. I’d rather not deal with Vignette integration directly, and
> would like to keep Resin around.  Is a solution whereby Vignette
> runs a proxy portlet that just opens an HTTP connection to Resin
> doable (pushing cookies along in order to preserve sessions and so
> on) ?  In such a case, do I even care about portlets (as long as
> the http produced is compliant with what the portlet container
> expects) ?

In that case, portlets shouldn't matter.  Just return proper http/
html for the portlet container.  A straight servlet would do the trick.

-- Scott