i'm not expert, but as far as I know, an include is not an http request. The
filter is
only activate for the requested url.
So this depends on where is the main page where you put the <jsp:include. If
this page is
something like /ca/agenda/main.html the filter should be activated, and then it
might be a
problem. If the page is something like /index.hml it is normal that the filter
is not
activated.

Now I had some problems with filters, on pages directly (not included), and I'm
not sure
this is a reliable process, or maybe there is something I did not understand
also.

Daniel López wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm having a problem with servlet filters and requests accessed through
> jsp:include, but as it is my first attempt I'm not sure if I'm
> forgetting something or it's a Resin bug.
>
> Settings: At web.xml I have a filter defined as:
>
>    <filter-mapping>
>      <filter-name>ProxyFilter</filter-name>
>      <url-pattern>/ca/agenda/*</url-pattern>
>      <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
>      <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
>    </filter-mapping>
>
> I access the file with:
> <jsp:include page="/ca/agenda/portada_AGENDA.html" flush="true" />
>
> I'm using Resin 3.0.21 and I changed the descriptor to 2.4, so it is
> supposed to work. Some tests I did:
>
> If I copy the URL directly in my browser, it works and I can see the
> debug messages of my filter. That verifies the browser is working.
> If I remove the <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>, then using my broser
> does NOT work, as expected. That would indicate the dispatcher options
> are being read.
>
> The only "symptom" one can see is that no matter what I do, the filter
> is not processed when using jsp:include or RequestDispatcher.include (I
> testes just in case).
>
> Anything I'm missing or should I report it as a bug?
> Cheers!!
> D.
> Daniel Lopez Janariz ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Web Services
> Centre for Information and Technology
> Balearic Islands University
> (SPAIN)