I am in the process of porting my web app to Resin 2.1.17 (ISP is using
2.1.13)

I have an absolute URL to the CSS and Image files located in subdirectories,
however the resources are not being served.

I am using Application level security to make the app as portable as can be,
thus have no security constraints defined in the web.xml file.

I have tried this under Resin 3.X with no problems.

I assume it's a configuration issue. Can someone please assist in telling me
how my web app can access these resources.

Jez.