On Nov 8, 2006, at 8:04 PM, Carfield Yim wrote:

> According to http://wiki.caucho.com/Losing_session , once the
> timestamp of
> web.xml change, the application will reload. However my
> installation of
> resin don't do that. I've check resin3.log but nothing special
> show. Anyone
> have any idea about that?

It also depends on the dependency-check-interval.  If the interval is
large, then Resin won't check the web.xml very often.

Also, there are some dependency checks (web.xml?) where Resin
computes a CRC of the file and only updates if the crc changes.  In
that case, you'd need to actually modify the file (e.g. adding a
space) to force the reload.

> By the way, I am using wicket and there is always
> wicket.util.watch.ModificationWatcher running to watch if the template
> updated. Will it affect the application reload?

That should be independent.

-- Scott