Environment: Windows 2003 Server, Resin Pro 3.0.21, OpenSSL 0.9.8b, Java 1.4.2_12

More information on what caused the JVM/Resin to spontaneously reboot. I get these fairly often (multiple times per month). They're not always the same exact thing. Often the stack trace references one of the SSL DLL's, but other times, like this one, it references the JVM DLL.

In any event, since the "Java frames" section references some Caucho JNI calls, I'm sending this in. Scott, let me know if you want an official bug filed.

I'm attaching two files to this email since the emailer likes to reformat stuff into unreadable chunks. One is the weird SSL_UNDEFINED_FUNCTION error I have never seen before and reported a few minutes. The other is the top portion of the JVM crash log where the jvm.dll was the source of the crash and Caucho JNI routines are being called.

Btw, whenever the crash log mentions an SLL DLL as the source of the crash, the "Java frames" section is always something along these lines:

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j  com.caucho.vfs.JniStream.readNative(J[BII)I+0
j  com.caucho.vfs.JniStream.read([BII)I+43
j  com.caucho.vfs.ReadStream.readBuffer()Z+53
j  com.caucho.vfs.ReadStream.waitForRead()Z+12
j  com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run()V+181
j  com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks()V+187
j  com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run()V+85
j  java.lang.Thread.run()V+11
v  ~StubRoutines::call_stub
Which is similar to the attached JVM DLL crash. What's up with com.caucho.vfs.JniStream.readNative ?