Robert,
Try out the latest snapshot, if you have an environment in which you can
test this. It should turn into a 3.0.23 release very soon, and has a fix
for chunked encoding with cached responses. (i.e. it shouldn't be
setting the header for chunked encoding.) 3.0.22 also contained some
plugin and chunked encoding fixes, but the static file behavior you're
seeing is because of the header issue that's fixed in the snaphot.

Please report anything else you do see with the current snapshot so that
any fix that might arise from it can be include in .23.

Hope that helps,

Matt Pangaro
Lokitech >> software . strategy . design
http://www.lokitech.com
m. 1.301.728.6906
f. 1.815.364.0656
e. [EMAIL PROTECTED]