Since it's RedHat Linux, I'd double check the OS resource limits.

Try  "/sbin/sysctl -a"  to see if those values are good enough for you, or
simply edit /etc/security/limits.conf, you can change nofile, nproc, stack,
data, etc..  You can even grant a specific (Resin) user to have "soft nofile"
and "hard nofile", in limits.conf.   You will have to reboot your Linux after
modifying limits.conf -- assuming you know Linux Sys. Admin., otherwise, please
do not touch limits.conf.

Also, check your /var/log/messages file (if your system is configured
correctly), that might give you clue on what failures you had, memory
allocation or open files ?

Gary