Jose Quinteiro escribió:

As Jose, I would recommend having different instances for development
and deployment. Even though Resin does a good job on separating contexts
and detecting changes and restarting just the appropriate web app. You
will still affect your deployment applications with the common frequent
restarts during development.

And as Jose said, you don't need two copies of the whole Resin software,
just two config files so you don't have to worry about
maintaing/upgrading two full instances.

In fact, we use more than one instance even in deployment, as that
allows us to handle upgrades/problems more gracefully as applications
affected by what happens to others is minimised.