Hi all,

I'm working on an app using Code Igniter and would like to run it in
Quercus on Resin 3.1.0.  Simple PHP code works great, but I'm getting
some errors when I try to deploy my Code Igniter code.  The main
problem seems to start with this line in my index.php:
----------------
define('EXT', '.'.pathinfo(__FILE__, PATHINFO_EXTENSION));
----------------
When I hard code the extension things work fine, until I run into the
next problem below.

CI relies heavily on mod_rewrite, and that's where most of the errors
seem to be coming from.  I fixed the initial encoding issues, etc.,
but now need to translate this:
----------------
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|assets|user_guide|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]
----------------
to rewrite-dispatch format and am not sure how to adapt it.  I did try:
----------------
<rewrite-dispatch>
     <dispatch regexp="$1 !^(index\.php|assets|user_guide|robots
\.txt)"/>
     <forward regexp="^(.*)$" target="index.php/$1"/>
   </rewrite-dispatch>
----------------
to no avail.

So my questions:

1.  Can both of these problem be addressed somehow in web.xml or
resin-web.xml, specifically with <php-ini> and <rewrite-dispatch>
stanzas?

2.  Can anyone provide an equivalent <rewrite-dispatch> example for
the mod_rewrite expression I posted?

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,
mike