Hi,
You need to add a web-app-deploy directive.

  <host id='mysite.org'>
      <host-alias>www.mysite.org</host-alias>
      <web-app-deploy path='/home/mysite/'/>
      <web-app id='/' document-directory='/home/mysite/public_html/'/>
      <document-directory>/home/mysite/public_html</document-directory>
  </host>

In your case the war file should be named public_html.war in /home/mysite/
(personally i would use ROOT.war) but there are lots of different ways to
set up your directory structure. You can even do a host-deploy with jar
files.
Good luck.
atomi.