Thanks very much Jose!  Last week I had a problem:

com.caucho.jsp.JspLineParseException:
/quotetools/multimodule/quoteModule.jsp:1: org.xml.sax
.SAXParseException: <Line 433, Column 62>: XML-20126: (Fatal Error) '<'
cannot appear in att
ribute value.
        at com.caucho.jsp.java.JspNode.error(JspNode.java:1480)
        at com.caucho.jsp.java.JspNode.error(JspNode.java:1471)
        at
com.caucho.jsp.java.JavaJspGenerator.validate(JavaJspGenerator.java:466)
        at
com.caucho.jsp.JspCompilerInstance.generate(JspCompilerInstance.java:475)
        at
com.caucho.jsp.JspCompilerInstance.compile(JspCompilerInstance.java:373)
.
.
.

I worked around the error by removing the following line from my JSP:
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>

After seeing your email, I tried reinserting your solution instead of
leaving the line blank: <%@ taglib prefix="c"
uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"; %>.

Your solution works.  My JSP also seems to work with a blank line.  I am
not sure why, but I don't care too much because I'm not a JSP programmer!

Best Regards,
Michael Blanchard