One option is to use MyEclipse:

http://www.myeclipseide.com/

They provide support for many Servlet containers include Resin 2 & 3.
Using it, I have launched resin from inside Eclipse.  With the recent
versions of resin 3.0.x, I have run into a problem launching resin
straight out of the box.  It usually complains that it can't a class or
two.  I then dig through the Resin jars in $RESIN_HOME/lib to find which
jar contains the classes and then manually specify them in the classpath
for the resin 3 connector.

I generally don't run resin inside of eclipse.  I prefer to run it
externally and then deploy my Web apps to it.  I prefer this because the
environment is closer to my production environment and thus easier to
catch potential problems.

If I just want to try things or develop code not related to our
production Website, then I generally run resin from inside eclipse and
deploy to it.

Hope this helps.

Keith