The simplest is probably to run Resin as any other java application,
from the Run... dialog.  The
main class is com.caucho.server.http.ResinServer (at least in version
3.0.x) you just need to
add a system proerty for logging:
-Djava.util.logging.manager=com.caucho.log.LogManagerImpl
This lets you run resin, debug, profile, and so on.

-Knut