Eclipse by default places the .class files of the compiled sources in
the project directory, which is something we do not like, as it is
stored in CVS. Moreover, even though we could filter out the .class
files with a .cvsignore directive, we don't want to use our source
directories as deploy/test directories, so we use something like that:

So all the compiled, "jarred" and/or generated-from-properties files are
put on the deploy directories. We just need to set Resin to mount one of
this directories to test an application, as they are a replica of what
will be there in production.

However, Eclipse does not like that as deploy/AppX is not a subdirectory
of cvs/AppX, so we simply have to "make it so". In Eclipse, you can
create a folder inside a project that is a symbolic link to a real
folder in the O.S., so we simply create deploy-classes a link to
deploy/AppX/WEB-INF/classes and set the output of
cvs/AppX/source/WEB-INF/classes to be deploy-classes. This way Eclipse
is happy and we can handle the .class files no matter if we generate
them from Eclipse or the Ant script.

It sounds more complicated than what really is :), as there are just 2-3
"project templates" so when we need to create an Eclipse project, we
just copy the .project file of the appropriate template, search&replace
and voilà.