Maybe I'm doing something else wrong... I added at the default resin-web.xml:

  <servlet-mapping url-pattern="*.php" servlet-name="resin-php">
        <init><script-encoding>ISO-8859-1</script-encoding></init>
  </servlet-mapping>

And I had the same results.

My directory structure is:

/WEB-INF/web.xml
/utf8Test.php

I need something else?

I'm sorry to ask, but I have been looking on the wiki and the web and
I don't find what I need. Do you know what part of the documentation I
have to read?

thank you.