Hi,
I tried out this configuration:
  <servlet-mapping url-pattern="*.php"
       servlet-class="com.caucho.quercus.servlet.QuercusServlet">
    <init>
      <script-encoding>UTF-8</script-encoding>
    </init>
  </servlet-mapping>

and the php:
<?php
       $charset = "UTF-8";
       header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=".$charset);
       echo "<html><body>";
       $var = utf8_encode("バリューパック"); //Japanese text
       echo utf8_decode($var);
       echo "</body></html>";
?>

and it works for me with the correct Japanese output.
I am using Resin 3.0.23 with JDK 1.5 on Win XP. Are you sure that your
utf8Test.php is really in UTF-8? As default, I think japanese files are
created with EUC-JP on linux, so maybe you will have to convert the file
first.

Best regards,
markus

MexIQ MexIQ wrote:
> Maybe I'm doing something else wrong... I added at the default resin-web.xml:
>
>   <servlet-mapping url-pattern="*.php" servlet-name="resin-php">
>         <init><script-encoding>ISO-8859-1</script-encoding></init>
>   </servlet-mapping>
>
> And I had the same results.
>
> My directory structure is:
>
> /WEB-INF/web.xml
> /utf8Test.php
>
> I need something else?
>
> I'm sorry to ask, but I have been looking on the wiki and the web and
> I don't find what I need. Do you know what part of the documentation I
> have to read?
>
> thank you.
>
> On 3/11/07, MexIQ MexIQ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Sun,
>>
>> I have in my WEB-INF/web.xml
>> <script-encoding>ISO-8859-1</script-encoding>
>>
>> I will try to add it to resin-web.xml and see what happen...
>>
>> I will reply...
>>
>> On 3/11/07, sun baoming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> official document says in your web.xml or resin-web.xml :
>>>

>>> <web-app xmlns="
>>> http://caucho.com/ns/resin";>
>>>  <servlet-mapping url-pattern="*.php"
>>>
>>>  servlet-class="com.caucho.quercus.servlet.QuercusServlet">
>>>  <init>
>>>  <script-encoding>
>>>
>>> ISO-8859-1</script-encoding>
>>>  </init>
>>>
>>>  </servlet-mapping>
>>> </web-app>
>>> give it a try.
>>>
>>> when i used  this with chinese encoding ,maybe the same as your problem, in
>>> my experience it never worked .

>>> charset=".$charset);

Dipl.-Ing. Markus Ken Baron-Moriyama <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Director of Global IT Relations and Research
Co-Founder

Wazap AG
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 5
10178 Berlin
Germany

Tel:  +49 30 278744 2241
Fax:  +49 30 278744 29

Wazap Aktiengesellschaft
HRB 103534 B
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Amtsgericht:    Berlin-Charlottenburg
Vorstand:       Andreas Ruehrig (Vors.), Timo Meyer, Alexander Piutti, Philip
Gienandt
Aufsichtsrat:   Martin Sinner (Vors.), Frank Bo"hnke, Florian Seubert