Those are passed inside a configuration tag now:

http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.1/doc/server-tags.xtp#jvm-arg

I guess the watchdog uses those parameters to launch Java with the
appropriate args. I don't know if you can control the Java args to the
watchdog itself.  I don't see anything encouraging here:

http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.1/doc/server-tags.xtp#watchdog-arg

HTH,
Jose.