Not sure if that would help, but what we do is to have various resin
instances with the applications distributed among them, and then use
mod_proxy instead of mod_caucho to forward requests. It's easier then to
pinpoint the applications having problems, as you can see the process
eating all the memory and move web applications between hosts until you
find the "bad boy".

On the other hand, if you are having problems with mod_caucho, that would
simply side step the issue, so it won't help diagnosing it.