Scott,

Thanks, very much, for your help. The following does work...

    <host id="" root-directory="/some/path">
                <web-app id="/" root-directory="/some/path/webapp/ROOT"/>
    </host>

    <host regexp="[^:]+:8443">
                <root-directory>/some/other/path</root-directory>
        <web-app id="/" root-directory="/some/other/path/webapp/ROOT"/>
    </host>

...but, is there any way to sneak in a variable in the regexp?
regexp="[^:]+:${someVar}" certainly doesn't work. I've been trying to
find other escaping mechanisms, but haven't been successful. I've also
tried...

    <host regexp="[^:]+">
                <host-name>${host.regexp[1]}:${someVar}</host-name>
                <root-directory>/some/other/path</root-directory>
        <web-app id="/" root-directory="/some/other/path/webapp/ROOT"/>
    </host>

...but resin doesn't act like I expected. It seems to want the port
number in the <host> tag.

I'm about this > < close to having this new server environment
configured. This is my last hiccup, so far.

+ jay