On Apr 2, 2007, at 1:22 PM, Jay Ballinger wrote:

> Scott,
>
> Thanks, very much, for your help. The following does work...
>
>     <host id="" root-directory="/some/path">
>               <web-app id="/" root-directory="/some/path/webapp/ROOT"/>
>     </host>
>

>     <host regexp="[^:]+:8443">
>               <root-directory>/some/other/path</root-directory>
>       <web-app id="/" root-directory="/some/other/path/webapp/ROOT"/>
>     </host>
>

> ...but, is there any way to sneak in a variable in the regexp?

Not in that attribute.

> regexp="[^:]+:${someVar}" certainly doesn't work. I've been trying to
> find other escaping mechanisms, but haven't been successful. I've also
> tried...

>     <host regexp="[^:]+">
>               <host-name>${host.regexp[1]}:${someVar}</host-name>
>               <root-directory>/some/other/path</root-directory>
>       <web-app id="/" root-directory="/some/other/path/webapp/ROOT"/>
>     </host>

I'm not sure what the intention of that one is.  You might try:

<host id="www.foo.com">
   <host-alias-regexp>[^:]+:${someVar}</host-alias-regexp>

It looks like the host-alias-regexp does allow variables.  (I'm not
sure if this will work, though.  It's not a case we've tested.)

-- Scott