We use Resin 3.0 on both 32-bit Intel and 64-bit AMD Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 4
and don't see any difference in terms of stability and reliability between
32-bit and 64-bit.  Be sure to use 3.0.23 though.  Earlier versions of 3.0.x
have buggy version of the configure script that does not always work on
64-bit machine.  Here is one such bug for 3.0.22:

http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=1465

The problem is not limited to 3.0.22.

We use a very big JVM heap on the 64-bit machine, something that we simply
cannot do on a 32-bit machine.

Bill