-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:16 PM
To: resin-interest@caucho.com
Subject: [Resin-interest] Resin can't run as different user?

I have configured Resin to run as user www, group www:

> id www
uid=80(www) gid=80(www) groups=80(www)

But when I start Resin as root (so I can use port 80), it logs this
message:

[10:34:36.695] Can't run as www(uid=-1), running as root.

It looks like uid lookup isn't happening as it should.  This is running
with Java 1.5 under FreeBSD 6.2.

How is this meant to work?  Presumably there would have to be some
native
code hooks...What can I check to try to figure out where this is
breaking
down?

   Nick

--
"Humans are a dangerously insane and very sick species."
   -- Eckhart Tolle