On May 8, 2007, at 12:04 PM, Pat Farrell wrote:

> I had a set of pages working perfectly with Tomcat, and am trying to
> move them to Resin. My /j_security_check servlet seems to be
> blowing up
> with the following response
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: No forwarding URI for form
> authentication.
> Either the login form must specify j_uri or the session must have a
> saved URI.

Are cookies/sessions enabled?

Normally, the sequence goes:

   1. request protected page
   2. Resin redirects to login form with an action of
j_security_check (and stores the URL of the page in the session)
   3. User submits form to j_security_check
   4. j_security_check authenticates the user
   5. if successful, it forwards to the original page.

For step #5 to work, Resin needs to know what the original page is.
Normally, it either gets the page from the session URL saved in #2,
or if the login form adds a j_uri="..." parameter, Resin can redirect
to the j_uri parameter.

So, it sounds like the session isn't being kept (or is invalidated or
something similar.)  Do you have any idea why that may be happening
(e.g. cookies disabled), or does your application flow look different
than #1-5.

-- Scott