I am trying to understand how resin, apache and proxies interact with
respect to caching.

I have a jsp page which is meant to be always dynamic; headers are used to
prevent it from being cached.
However, the page loads js, css, and various images, which I would like to
be cached.

Currently,  the browser (IE7) requests those items, and Resin returns 304
(up-to-date) status.  The browser is NOT set to force request at each page.
This generates a lot of requests, which are painful when going through
proxies.

Is there a recipe for forcing the JSP to always reload (my JSPs are served
through a dispatching servlet which does an include, and therefore servlet
is able manipulate the headers), and yet let the browser know that the js
and css it has in cache are just fine ?

Jean-Fran├žois Lamy
Technologies Teximus inc.
www.teximus.com