On May 17, 2007, at 10:02 AM, Jean-Francois Lamy wrote:

> I am trying to understand how resin, apache and proxies interact with
> respect to caching.
>
> I have a jsp page which is meant to be always dynamic; headers are
> used to
> prevent it from being cached.
> However, the page loads js, css, and various images, which I would
> like to
> be cached.
>
> Currently,  the browser (IE7) requests those items, and Resin
> returns 304
> (up-to-date) status.  The browser is NOT set to force request at
> each page.
> This generates a lot of requests, which are painful when going through
> proxies.

What are the headers for the JSP page?

With no caching headers, Resin doesn't cache at all, i.e. no-cache is
the default.  So the 304 is strange, unless the headers are telling
Resin to cache.

(Serge's recommendations are good ones for general understanding of
HTTP caching, but the described behavior seems odd.)

-- Scott