On May 22, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Alex Sharaz wrote:

> Sorry didn't phrase that properly. If a client makes a request for
> wpad.dat, is there any way of always returning a copy of the file
> instead of an http status 304 message?

The 304 is a response requested by the client, i.e. the client sends
"If-Modified-Since" or "If-None-Match" headers.  If the wpad.dat
hasn't changed, a caching-header-aware servlet will return a 304
instead of the data.

Resin's FileServlet understands those headers, so will return a 304
if the file hasn't changed.

-- Scott