Hi Dixon,

Thanks for the mail.

> Your /etc/hosts contains the line box right? So you should have
> some host set up named box in your   /usr/local/hosts/box/... like this
> right?

No, I don't have such a file as /usr/local/hosts/box - in fact there is no such
directory as /usr/local/hosts. So I can't use the setup you mailed me, but
thanks anyway. In fact /usr/local/hosts is not present on my main Ubuntu
system, either. I'm not using Apache, either - this is for a cut-down system
(hence the use of Damn Small Linux) and Resin would be acting as the web server
as well as the app server.

I think the real problem is that Resin uses InetAddress.getLocalHost() to find
the local machine's IP address, which does not work if the hostname is not
resolvable either via DNS or the /etc/hosts file. With JDK1.4, there is an
alternative with the NetworkInterface class, which allows all network
interfaces and their IP addresses to be enumerated. Calling
address.isSiteLocalAddress() yields true for the local address, even when it's
from a DHCP server and not resolvable using DNS or /etc/hosts.

Vinay Sajip