Since you are using resin to roll the logs for you, it would probably be
better not to use logrotate to manipulate the same logs. Resin will also
delete the oldest logs for you when it rolls them if you add the
"rollover-count" directive:

   <access-log path="log/access.log"
     format='%h %l %u %t "%r" %s %b "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i" Time
of request:<%Ts>'
     rollover-period="1D"
     rollover-count="7"
     archive-format="access-%Y%m%d.log.gz"/>

This would save a week's worth of logs plus the current one, for
example.

> The same behaviour is observed for :-
> stdout.log & stderr.log (configured at command line)

We have entries in the resin conf file to handle our stderr-log and
stdout-log the same way.