-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary Zhu
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 11:50 PM
To: 'General Discussion for the Resin application server'
Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] Resin stops logging if logsare deleted
manually

The existing log file was not missing, just that you could not see it.
Resin still had the file handle and wrote bytes into it.
If you paid attention to the file system free space, you would see the
log space was not released, until you restarted Resin.

If you still want to use logrotate, please use postrotate command to
restart Resin; if you 'really' know logrotate, you would have noticed
plenty of programs that use postrotate to reload or restart programs --
for the very same reason. It's the UNIX thing.