----- Original Message ----
>From: Andy Duplain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] Resin 3.1.1 httpd is failing to bind to "*"
>To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
><resin-interest@caucho.com>
>
>Sounds to me like you need to have your DHCP Server reserve that IP address
>for "box".  That way everyone knows what IP address it will be assigned and
>will make everything easier.  This is simply done by associating the MAC
>address of "box" with the IP address...

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Unfortunately, I can't rely on a fixed IP address:
the application is to be used in an appliance, which is just plugged into a
network served by a DHCP server and expected to work.

Anyway, I found the problem. It's not Resin which is failing to bind (my bad
diagnosis), but the JMX agent which is enabled by default in resin.conf.
Commenting out -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote from the JVM args solved the
problem. (Of course, it will reappear when I start testing management hooks
...but that's another day :-)

Regards,

Vinay Sajip