bleeding edge is cool w/ me as im a gentoo user;
the only thing i worry about going w/ quercus really, is having a product
that may be difficult to support.
my opinion of the php community is that good developers, in particular those
w/ oo skillsets are difficult,
if not almost impossible to come by, so quercus could add yet another layer
of complexity and make it
almost really impossible; i dont know though, just speculation.
as i mentioned im working w/ sqlite3 atm via pdo, but i intend to port the
same db abstraction to the other
pdo drivers like i said.  i am comfortable using quercus in an enterprise
environment for my large traffic
sites, and sticking w/ mod-php for my embedded products, but another thing i
worry about is going under the hood.
one of the reasons quercus is attractive to me is that im much more
proficient in java than c.  although i can write in both
i do struggle a bit w/ c.  so anyway if i do write some extensions to the
php language itself, i would much prefer to do
it on the quercus platform, but if the code for my embedded products is to
stay similar to that of the enterprise products
i will certainly have to write similar stuff in c anyway, should be fun i
guess, right?
at my last job we had some hard-core java guys come in and i learned a lot;
we were using tomcat, which i understand
may not be the greatest app server, but anyway code was being deployed as
war files so i have just a very crude
familiarity w/ web apps, 'the java way'.
im reading tons of material atm, but i am interested in getting started in
quercus.  if it isnt too much trouble, is there a primer
on web apps the java way online that you feel is worth mention to a beginner
like me?

thanks for your reply.