i like what yong has to say on this one.  i just got a new job a couple of
months back and was shocked to find
the company still deep into php4 w/ no strategy to move to 5.
although 6 doesnt have a clear deadline, i would assume it is only a matter
of time. and i would not like to be
in the position of migrating directly from 4 to 6; i dont know maybe it wont
be so bad compared to migration to 5,
but i just dont like to be behind.
just my 2 c :>