ive just barely started looking at resin myself.  unforturnately, i know
very little at this point.
right now im wrapping up a project so i hardly have any time to experiment
seriously, even for a couple of weeks;
and it sounds like i have a lot of catching up to do on the java side of
webapps...
my bad :~

-nathan

Hi Yong, Nathan,

Thanks for your responses. Sure, ideally the site would move to PHP5 but
I don't know if that's possible in the short term. Assuming that it's
not, I
was hoping for another possibility to get the site working under PHP4
within Resin. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
Fred

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:26:29 -0400, "Nathan Nobbe"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Fred,
>
> i like what yong has to say on this one.  i just got a new job a couple
> of
> months back and was shocked to find
> the company still deep into php4 w/ no strategy to move to 5.
> although 6 doesnt have a clear deadline, i would assume it is only a
> matter
> of time. and i would not like to be
> in the position of migrating directly from 4 to 6; i dont know maybe it
> wont
> be so bad compared to migration to 5,
> but i just dont like to be behind.
> just my 2 c :>
>
> -nathan
>
> On 6/12/07, Yong Bakos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Hey Fred, is the site very big or complex? I recommend moving to PHP5
> > whenever doing so causes too much bloodshed.
> >
> > Quercus is based on PHP5 with an eye on PHP6.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Yong
> >

> > On Jun 12, 2007, at 1:24 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a site using PHP4 that I would like to run under Resin,
> > because I also have J2EE applications already running under Resin
> > and would like to keep it all under one roof.
> >
> > I tried using Quercus but have run into problems. AFAICT, Quercus
> > supports PHP5 and that may be causing the errors. To confirm this, I
> > tried the site under Apache + PHP4 (works), and Apache + PHP5
> > (errors).
> >
> > So PHP5 seems to be causing the errors. Is there any way that I can
> > run this PHP4 site under Resin? If this is not possible using
> > Quercus, is there another option? Would using net.php.servlet and
> > phpsrvlt.jar work under Resin? Has anyone tried this option, is it
> > reliable?
> >
> > Thanks in advance, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Fred
> > --
> >
> >    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]