On Jun 12, 2007, at 6:07 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Yong, Nathan,
>
> Thanks for your responses. Sure, ideally the site would move to
> PHP5 but
> I don't know if that's possible in the short term. Assuming that it's
> not, I
> was hoping for another possibility to get the site working under PHP4
> within Resin. Any ideas?

What is the specific problem you're seeing?  It might be a Quercus bug.

PHP 5 should only be an extention of PHP 4, so all PHP 4 applications
should work fine.  It might be a bug in Quercus.

(Actually, Quercus can generate faster code for PHP 4 style function
calls than it can for method invocations, so PHP 5 isn't always
better.  And sometimes the simplicity of PHP 4 is better than using
PHP 5 objects.  The object stuff can often be moved into Java code.)

-- Scott