In our previous setup, I worked around this apparent requirement
simply by running resin under the username that owns the jsp files.
But in our new server, I wanted to keep resin running as resin. All
the files in the ROOT directory are set as

-rwxr-xr-x  somejspfile.jsp

and resin will often, but not always claim that it can't find a
particular jsp file. When I added the resin user to the group that
owns the file and changed the permissions to

-rwxrwxr-x  somejspfile.jsp

then resin runs fine finding and executing every jsp file. But do I
really have to do that? Why does resin to need write access to the
jsp files?

I'm using resin 3.1.1, sun-jdk-, and apache 2.2.4.

Maurice Volaski, [EMAIL PROTECTED]