We actually bite the bullet and fixed all our JSPs when we migrated from
WebLogic to Resin.
The version of WebLogic we were using allow us to do things like:

<%@ page import="
   java.util.*;
   import java.net.URL,
   java.io.*
" %>

which is clearly not JSP spec compliant.  We decided to make all our JSPs
and Java code spec compliant to make our application vendor independent.

Bill